We are so excited about this year’s spook-tacular family Halloween Dance on October 28th! We are looking for some brave volunteers to make this event a super scary success.
If you have a spare 45 minutes to help out, we need extra hands to help with the concession, cash and pizza pick ups.
You can find our volunteer sign up HERE!
Our first meeting of the year is just around the corner! Are you interested in joining the PAC, or know someone who would be perfect? We encourage any parent who wants to help Lynn Fripps Elementary be the best school it can be by joining the Parent Advisory Council. Nominations for the following open positions shall be submitted at the PAC General Meeting on Thursday, Oct. 23 7:00pm. Available positions are:
The Vice President
- Shall assume the responsibilities of the president in the president’s absence or upon request
- Shall assist the president in the performance of his or her duties
- Shall accept extra duties as required
- May be a signing officer
The DPAC/PAC Representative
- Shall act as a liaison between the PAC and the Langley DPAC
- Shall attend all meetings of the Langley DPAC and represent, speak and vote on behalf of the PAC
- Shall maintain current registration of the PAC
- Shall report regularly to the membership and executive on all matters in relation to the DPAC (at general meetings)
- Shall seek and give input regarding district (DPAC) and provincial (BCCPAC) issues to the DPAC on behalf of the PAC
- Shall receive, circulate and post DPAC newsletters, brochures and announcements
- Shall keep the DPAC handbook up to date
The School Planning Council Representative x 2 positions
The School Planning Council is a school committee, which is an external committee with respect to the PAC. The School Planning Council consists of the principal, a teacher elected by the teachers and 3 parents
- Shall represent the PAC at regular SPC meetings and extraordinary meetings required of the SPC and provide input regarding the following: the allocation of the staff and resources in the school
- Matters contained in the Board’s accountability contract relating to the school
- Educational services and educational programs in the school
- The development of a school plan for the school in respect of improving student achievements
- Matters assigned to the SPC
- Shall represent, speak and vote on behalf of the PAC at SPC meetings
- Shall request and take direction from the membership and executive
Members At Large x 2 positions
- Shall serve in a capacity to be determined by the PAC at the time of election and at other times as the PAC requires
- Shall be strong advocates for meaningful parent involvement in the school and school planning
- Shall attend general and executive meetings as directed by the membership or executive
Print or email your nomination using this form: PAC Nomination form – October Election. Thank you!